A message from Dani Renwick – 2020 Art Fair Coordinator
Cadillac has beautiful lakes, a quaint downtown, and a thriving Art Festival. Voted by Traverse Magazine as one of Northern Michigan’s Red Hot Best in 2020, the festival brings hundreds of artists and art lovers to our area each July. Art festivals and other events centered around creative arts have been hit hard by COVID-19, and the committee was saddened to consider not having the festival. We decided to pivot rather than cancel, and in May and June developed a virtual schedule of events to share with the community.
July 13-18 is now the Art Fest Reimagined! We collaborated with Footliters of Cadillac, local restaurants, the Wexford Country Historical Museum, 12 music artists, local visual artists and a mural artist to bring a schedule of events to rival any in person festival.
Most events will be held on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CadillacFestivalOfTheArts/
12:30 p.m. – Virtual Up North Arts Studio Tour
6-8:00 p.m. Chalk Pick up for Community Chalk Art Contest and Exhibition at Up North Arts outside in back parking lot.
12:30 p.m. Cadillac’s new selfie wall – Mural process revealed
Live Music – (Tipping of musicians via Venmo is encouraged!)
6:00 p.m. Robbie Schaefer
7:00 p.m. Michael Clem
8:00 p.m. Kate Pillbury
12:30 p.m. Footliters Scenes
6:00 p.m. Mark Lavengood
7:00 p.m. Emily Petersmark
8:00 p.m. Max LL Lockwood
12:30 p.m. Wexford County Historical Society Virtual Tour Video Re-play
6:00 p.m. Adam Joynt
7:00 p.m. Chris Buhalis
8:00 p.m. Root Doctor
5:00 p.m. Community Chalk Art Contest Winners Announced
6:00 p.m. Deep Fried Pickle Project
7:00 p.m. Rachael Davis
8:00 p.m. Escaping Pavement
Self Directed Activities:
- Chalk art contest – ALL WEEK
- Community Chalk art Contest Rules:
Anyone can participate, judging and prizes are for kids 5-18 (5-8/9-12/13-15/16-18) and an adult category. To participate, kids (or parents) and artists will pick up one bag of chalk per person participating outside designated space at UNA. Do chalk art on your porch, sidewalk (your property only please). Take photos of your art and email them to email@example.com with the artists name, age and phone number for the art you’re submitting. Then, share them online using the hashtags
- Chalk pick up: Monday July 13, 6 pm-8pm.
Contest runs: July 13 – July 17.
- The art fest committee will judge the entries and pick winners. Each category will have one winner and receive a $75 gift certificate to Brinks Custom Framing and Art Shop. Judging noon Saturday. Winner announced on Facebook live Saturday before music starts.
- Taste of Cadillac Local Restaurant Pairings and Deals – ALL WEEK
- Participating restaurants are looking forward to serving up their best pairings and tasty treats.
- Participants include Blue Heron Café & Bakery, Burkes Waterfront, Clam Lake Beer Co., Hermann’s European Café, Lakeside Charlies, Primos BBQ and more.
- Selfie Mural – located along the west loop of the Kieth McKellop Walkway
We are excited to bring these mostly free activities to Cadillac and will continue to bring art in many forms to the community. We look forward to seeing everyone in the comments of our live streams.