The Cadillac area hotels are working together to provide a safe yet friendly atmosphere during this time of COVID-19. All 16 Lodging operators are implementing increased, yet common practice, protocols to assure the safety of travelers coming into the area and for their own staff. Currently Cadillac has 627 hotel rooms in the area operating at a 40-50% occupancy during this time of year from business travelers, groups, funerals, weddings, skiing and general visitors. These visitors are vital to the spring area tourism economy effecting businesses such as hotels, restaurants, attractions, retail and convenience stores.
‘Our core leisure visitor and operator management staff is in the ‘highest risk’ age demographic for COVID-19,” Joy VanDrie, Exec Director, Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau, “so we are taking this very seriously to ensure traveler safety, staff safety, and to manage our businesses.”
The Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau would like to remind travelers and locals that while they avoid crowds, stay healthy and go explore the trails and seasonal roads that add up to over 300 miles – hike, bike or walk; grab your fishing pole along over 200 miles of shoreline on area rivers or lakes. Be a tourist in your backyard with a staycation, we bet there is a great outdoors ‘something’ that you’ve never experience yet. Check out all you can do with the tennis shoes you own at www.cadillacmichigan.com
Prior to attending events listed on our website, please click thru to the event website or Facebook page for Event Specific Updates.
Greater Cadillac Area Facts:
· 200+ miles of trails and seasonal roads to hike, bike, walk
· 1,000,000+ acres to roam in our State & National Forests
· 300+ miles of shoreline along our rivers and lakes for fishing
· Where the only KISS monument in the world is waiting for you to take a selfie and post it to @kisscadillac
· Only community north of US-10 to have 9 privately owned golf courses within 20 minutes of Downtown Cadillac