- This event has passed.
Michigan DNR – Fly Fishing Clinic for Beginners
May 1 | @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$25
Cost for the class is $25.
Participation is limited to 20 students.
Participants, employees and volunteers will be required to wear face coverings and will make every effort to maintain at least 6 feet separation throughout the class. See below for additional safety protocols that will be followed.
To register for this class, go to Michigan.gov/DNRLicenses and click on the “Purchase a license” button. Sign in (using either a username and password or your ID and birthdate), and find the class under the Outdoor Skills Academy tab.
For more information contact Edward Shaw at 231-779-1321 or ShawE@Michigan.gov.
A Recreation Passport is required for entry into Mitchell State Park.
Please note: Cancellations must be made two weeks prior to the class to guarantee a refund.
Additional COVID-19 safety protocols that will be followed include:
- Access to park or visitor center facilities may be limited to restroom use, with processes in place to limit the number of visitors in a facility at any one time.
- No program props or materials will be shared or passed between participants.
- Staff will regularly clean and disinfect equipment and other touchable surfaces.
- Handwashing facilities with disinfecting soap will be available to employees and program participants. Additionally, participants will be provided with antiseptic hand sanitizers or towelettes.
- Participants will be asked to complete a health form, and employees and volunteers will follow State of Michigan policy for daily health screening.
This class is part of the Department of Natural Resources Outdoor Skills Academy, which offers in-depth, expert instruction, gear and hands-on learning for a range of outdoor activities at locations around the state. Learn more at Michigan.gov/OutdoorSkills.
Have an event you would like us to list? Please fill out our event submission form.