Cadillac Fall Color Routes
We have four awesome area scenic routes available for you to take in the splendor of fall color. Each route is perfect for a day to trip to explore our region, bringing you right back to your home base in Cadillac. Download and print a brochure below for a full description of each route.
Although these scenic routes are beautiful year round, you might just find fall to be the very best time to tour the area. Fall color can be somewhat unpredictable, however we generally begin to see color beginning late September thru end of October, due to the variation of trees and their fall color bloom schedule.
Request our ALL NEW 2019/2020 Fall/Winter Travel Guide
Request our all new fall/winter travel guide and begin your planning process and join us for great fall color and things to do.
Search Lodging in Cadillac
Find your perfect place to Stay in the Cadillac Area
1. Use our search feature and narrow your search for the type of overnight experience you are looking for.
2. Browse our complete list of lodging in the region outlined below
3. Explore what is near your favorite Cadillac hot spots on our map - view map
MILES OF SCENIC ROADWAYS & TRAILS
FALL COLOR IN CADILLAC IS SECOND TO NONE
Breath taking views can be seen from your car, bicycle, kayak, canoe, motorcycle, and by foot. You choose your mode of transportation, and you’ll experience unforgettable scenic views in every direction.
Here are our favorite events combined with local hot spots, and fantastic views, compliments of the Huron-Manistee National Forest. Listed below are additional activities you can enjoy in the Cadillac Area while Mother Nature transitions from summer green, to fall gold, to winter white…
Festival of the Pines - fourth weekend of September in Lake City
Celebrating the heritage of the area with a car show, lumber events, crafts, food, music - just 15 minutes east of Cadillac where you will enjoy a small town festival with friendly and lively residents.
Craft Beer Festival - 4th weekend of September in Downtown Cadillac
- Downtown Cadillac, City Park, enjoy the city park, fountain, 16+ micro brews companies all with 3+ flavors, yard games, BBQ & Gyros food vendors, LIVE awesome bands, and make new friends. 2-3pm is a Special Beer Geek, then General Admission starts at 3pm, last pour at 9pm, see ticket details and other info at the festival website, link below...
Fall Color Tour Train Rides - October
- Fall Color Train ride from Mt. Pleasant to Cadillac. This will be the 7th fall color tour train ride program being offered. The excursion is an antique Steam Engine pulling antique passenger vessel arriving in Cadillac around noon. Once arriving in Cadillac, passengers will have the chance to explore this beautiful town and take in the different activities during the layover. Information on activities and highlighted destinations will be provided on board the train inbound. The Cadillac Limited will depart at approximately 4:00pm for the return trip back to Mount Pleasant. Go to www.michigansteamtrain.com or call 989-725-9464 for tickets and details. An unbelievable experience and views you don't get from the road.