Cadillac Fall Color Tour
We have four awesome area scenic routes available for you to take in the splendor of fall color. Each route is perfect for a day to trip to explore our region, bringing you right back to your home base in Cadillac. Download and print a brochure below for a full description of each route.
Although these scenic routes are beautiful year round, you might just find fall to be the very best time to tour the area. Fall color can be somewhat unpredictable, however we generally begin to see color beginning late September thru end of October, due to the variation of trees and their fall color bloom schedule.
Search Lodging in Cadillac
Find your perfect place to Stay in the Cadillac Area
1. Use our search feature and narrow your search for the type of overnight experience you are looking for.
2. Browse our complete list of lodging in the region outlined below
3. Explore what is near your favorite Cadillac hot spots on our map - view map
COLOR TOUR TRAILS
MILES OF SCENIC ROADWAYS & TRAILS
FALL COLOR IN CADILLAC IS SECOND TO NONE
Breath taking views can be seen from your car, bicycle, kayak, canoe, motorcycle, and by foot. You choose your mode of transportation, and you’ll experience unforgettable scenic views in every direction.
Here are our favorite events combined with local hot spots, and fantastic views, compliments of the Huron-Manistee National Forest. Listed below are additional activities you can enjoy in the Cadillac Area while Mother Nature transitions from summer green, to fall gold, to winter white…
Festival of the Pines - second weekend of September in Lake City
Celebrating the heritage of the area with a car show, lumber events, crafts, food, music - just 15 minutes east of Cadillac where you will enjoy a small town festival with friendly and lively residents.
Craft Beer Festival - 4th weekend of September in Downtown Cadillac
- Downtown Cadillac, City Park, enjoy the city park, fountain, 16+ micro brews companies all with 3+ flavors, yard games, BBQ & Gyros food vendors, LIVE awesome bands, and make new friends. 2-3pm is a Special Beer Geek, then General Admission starts at 3pm, last pour at 9pm, see ticket details and other info at the festival website, link below...
Lattitude 44 Fall Color Craft Show - October in Manton
- Join us for our 7th annual Color Tour Craft Show! Our annual show will have vendors from all across northern Michigan along with kids games, food and other fun activities - and check out Lattitude 44.
Fall Color Tour Train Rides - October
Fall Color Train ride from Mt Pleasant to Cadillac. This will be the 6th fall color tour train ride program being offered. The excursion is an antique Diesel Engine pulling antique passenger vessel arriving in Cadillac around noon. Country side tours are available to get on in Cadillac around 1pm for a 2 hour ride into the countryside, returning around 3pm. Passengers from Mt Pleasant will board around 4pm to return home. Go to www.michigansteamtrain.com or call 989-725-9464 for tickets and details. An unbelievable experience and views you don't get from the road.