SERVING CADILLAC VISITORS
With so much to see in do in Cadillac, the Cadillac Area Visitor’s Bureau is dedicated to providing you with the resources needed to make to most of your visit to our region.
CADILLAC AREA VISITORS BUREAU
Whether you are visiting for the day, traveling the area for work, or planning an extended stay for your family vacation, the Cadillac Area Visitor’s Bureau wants to help you make the most of your experience. Nature is calling you to come Explore Your Way… our rolling forest-covered hills, ample rivers, diverse lakes, and varied trails all interconnect and span for miles and miles of fun.
The Cadillac region is the geographic center of Michigan, is easily accessed from any destination, and is the perfect hub for many Up North day trip experiences. Come hike our trails, fish our waterways, explore our history, and enjoy the splendor of our Northern Michigan locale.
Reach out to us and share your plans. Let our dedicated staff provide you with event, amenity, or accommodation information to make the most of your time in our region. We are the experts on everything Cadillac, let us know how we can serve you!
The Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau knows how important it is to have great attractions and volunteer resources, so each year, we offer the following Annual Awards. In 2019 we are looking to the community to help us Nominate our candidates.
Please see the Nomination forms below, these are ALL due February 14, 2020
- CAFE Volunteer Of The Year Award Nomination Application
- CAFE Youth Volunteer Of The Year Award Nomination Application
- CAVB Allan Green Memorial Award For Recreation Excellence Nomination Application (individual)
- CAVB Recreation Excellence Award Nomination Application (Business/Organization)
- CAVB Restauranteur Of The Year Award Nomination Application
- Visitors Bureau Volunteer of the Year
Each of these awards are designed to showcase the volunteerism in our great community, please help us find those heroes in our community and celebrate them! Learn more about our 2019 CAVB Winners through the links below.
Nominations are open to the Greater Cadillac Area marketing geography of the Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau (North to Buckley, South to Leroy, West to Wellston, East to Merritt).
2019 ANNUAL AWARD WINNERS
- Recreation Excellence Award – Business/Organization
- Allan Green Memorial Recreation Excellence Award
- Restaurateur of the Year Award
- CAVB Volunteer of the Year Award
- CAFE Volunteer of the Year Award
- CAFE Youth Volunteer of the Year Award
2019 MILESTONE AWARDS
- Bear Claw Epic Mountain Bike Race – 5th year
- Cadillac Craft Beer Festival – 10th year
- Fox Hill Event Center – 10th year
- Carl T. Johnson Hunting & Fishing Center – 25th year
- Cadillac Area Community Foundation – 30th year
- Evergreen Resort – 70th year
- Michigan State Parks – 100th year
- Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce – 120th year
TOURISM PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
APPLY FOR MARKETING PARTNERSHIP
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in supporting us as we market Cadillac to visitors.
Our Marketing BENEFITS relate to marketing opportunities to the traveling public. If you are a restaurant, retailer, recreation service provider, or attraction you should put your business in front of visitors before they arrive in Cadillac.
NEW marketing cooperative and listing offer – save $100 off CAVB dues if you already belong to your local Chamber of Commerce or Downtown Association. See pdf at link below for details!
NEW since 2015, the Cadillac Visitors Guide is a glossy magazine style 52 page publication showcasing the greatness of the Greater Cadillac Area. You won’t want to miss being listed, or having your enhanced listing as a Member. You can view the digital version of our guide online, which gained over 1200 views in the first 30 days on-line.
As a member you will receive a ‘login’ to our website. You will be able to upload and edit your records, add/ edit promotions, add/ edit events to our calendar and be included in the e-news content.
Please download the PDF membership file here, or call our office to request a New Member Packet be e-mailed or mailed to you. The Packet contains our marketing overview, benefits of membership, application, and area business survey.
MARKETING PARTNERSHIP BENEFITS & APPLICATION
Our Marketing Partnership/ Membership – upon application, the CAVB Board of Directors must approve your application. Our Board meetings are the third Tuesday of the following months: January, March, May, July, September, November. During those board meetings, your application is reviewed and voted upon. Once voted upon, our office will follow up to ensure we have all the necessary information to upload your business and integrate it with our marketing campaigns. We look forward to working with you!
CADILLAC AREA FESTIVALS & EVENTS SUPPORT
The Cadillac Area Festivals & Events (CAFE) is a 501C3, dedicated to supporting the growth of area festivals and events for the community and economic factors. See below a listing of documents that can be downloaded for review and use.
Any questions regarding CAFE, please direct them to 231-775-0657.
CAFE GRANT PROGRAM
CAFE Grant Application – Cadillac Area Festivals & Events Grant applications will be made available, when funding is made available, will be made available each year on-line before April 1. See available applications below for details.
CAFE Grant Recipients – ($36,160 since 2015)
- 2018 – Veteran’s Memorial Walkway, Rotary Club – $1000
- 2018 – Freedom Festival, Cadillac – $500
- 2018 – Restaurant Week/ Craft Beer Festival, Downtown Cadillac Association – $1,500
- 2018 – Epic Bear Claw, Cadillac Pathway – $1,000
- 2018 – City of Cadillac, Cadillac Commons $5,000 (4 year commitment of $20,000 total)
- 2017 – City of Cadillac, Cadillac Commons $5,000
- 2017 – Eagle Scout Trailhead Sign Project @ Mackenzie Trailhead – $1,000
- 2017 – Cadillac Area Health Coalition Wellness Day – $500
- 2017 – Cadillac Pathway Marketing Support – $1,000
- 2017 – Bear Claw Epic Mountain Bike (Campaign) – $1,000
- 2016 – Bear Claw Epic Mountain Bike (website) – $2,500 (www.bearclawepic.com)
- 2016 – Cadillac Pathway (website) – $2,500 (www.cadillacpathway.com)
- 2016 – City of Cadillac, Cadillac Commons – $5,000
- 2015 – Friends of the Cadillac Library/ Arts Festival (Steel Drum Band) – $1000
- 2015 – Cadillac Area Artists Association/ Arts Festival – $660
- 2015 – Thunder Thru the Northwoods – $1000
CAFE USE CONTRACT
This is the first step in an annual contract or agreement to utilize the resources of CAFE. Please see policies and procedures file for details prior to filling any forms out.
All additional forms are event related and should be used to deposit, release, and contract as a CAFE Event User.
Get in touch with the Cadillac Area Visitors Bureau