Book Your Up North Family Fun Getaway
With Help From Caddy Bear!
Caddy’s Kid-Friendly List of Things to do in the Cadillac Area
Explore our website for more information about all these activities, along with trail maps, self-guided tours, shopping, and things to do!
Planning your visit to the area?
Be sure to check out all of these great things to try out with the kiddos!
- Get in the water! Check out our splash pad in the Cadillac Commons or visit one of our local public beaches
- Hop in a canoe, kayak or on a SUP and head out on our lakes or rivers
- Visit the Cadillac Farmers Market during the summer months in the Cadillac Commons
- Visit the Cadillac Sound Garden for a musical treat
- Go bowling at The Pines Sports Bar & Bowling Alley or Parkview Lanes
- Check the community calendar at CadillacMI.com and search the “kid friendly” events
- Catch a movie at the Cadillac 4 theater
- Visit the Michigan Department of Natural Resources Carl T. Johnson Hunting & Fishing Center for a walk through the interpretive center and take a walk on the Heritage Nature Trail leading through the woodland and heritage marsh
- Walk on the 1 mile paved Keith McKellop Walkway along Lake Cadillac
- Play disc golf in Cadillac at Kenwood Park, Diggins Park or Maple Grove Disc Golf & Trail Park in Lake City
- Kids play golf for FREE at Missaukee Golf Club
- Toss pennies in the fountain in our City Park, or listen to free community concerts in the Rotary Pavilion or the Manton Station
- Play on the playgrounds at Kenwood Park or along the Keith McKellop Walkway
- Explore kid-friendly downtown shops like Toy Town, Horizon Books, Simply Delightful, and ask for a free chocolate snowbird at The Sweet Shop
- Ride go karts or play mini golf at Adventure Island
- Grab some ice cream at one of the many yummy ice cream shops!
- Visit our local second-hand bookstores, Bound for Books or the Book Nook
- Check out the schedule for indoor ice skating or events at The Wex
- Go downhill and cross-country skiing at Caberfae Peaks
- Have fun sledding, downhill skiing, and cross-country skiing at Missaukee Mountain
- Download a free app (such as c:geo) to try geocaching
- Hunt for morel mushrooms in the Manistee National Forest