GET THE LATEST CADILLAC AREA
SNOWMOBILING & TRAIL REPORTS
Our trail system is well marked and groomed by a dedicated group that loves snowmobiling as much as you do!
The Cadillac area has a vast trail system that spreads through the Huron Manistee National Forest with over 200 miles of groomed trails, which connects north, south and west for days of sledding fun.
We have area snowmobile trail reports, maps, rental outlets, information and all of the equipment that you need for your next snowmobile vacation. See below for links or reach out to us for your snowmobiling vacation package.
Please remember to ride responsibly. We want everyone to stay safe on the trails, don’t exceed the speed limits, and to watch out for your fellow snowmobilers. Trail conditions change day to day; make sure to visit our Trail Report for updated news of the winter weather.
Or buy permits locally at Evergreen Resort, Martin Powersports or Coyote Crossing Resort!
MORE SNOWMOBILING INFORMATION:
There are locations rent snowmobiles in our region:
- Greater North Powersports & Rentals
Cadillac, MI – 231-878-1678
- Westside Rec. Rentals – 231- 775-8070
- K&R Outfitters – Serving the Cadillac Trail System – 785-221-9679
Contact a rental location now to start exploring!
Guided Snowmobile Tours
K&R OUTFITTERS, LLC – 785-221-9679
Guided Snowmobile Tours for WINTER FUN and enjoyment. Enjoy a relaxed pace on fully groomed snowmobile trail systems through Wexford, Osceola, Lake, Benzie, and Manistee counties on snowmobiles that they provide!
Snowmobile Parts & Repair
Martin Powersports – (231) 876-2394
Martin Powersports has an enormous line of parts and the expertise to service your snowmobile.
Local Snowmobiling Resources
- Come ride with the Cadillac Winter Warriors, our local social snowmobile club.
- Area grooming provided by the Cadillac Winter Promotions
For National Forest access to our trail system, use the following Staging Areas:
- Cadillac West Area: 33 Rd*
- White Pine Trail Staging Area off 44 Rd
- Caberfae Area: 13 Rd (off W M55)
- Boon Area: By Boon Grocery (off 25 Mile road)
*Snow gauge located north of the 33 Rd Staging Area.
See our list of access points on the map above
- SNOWMOBILE SAFETY WEEK—January – we will highlight safety tips throughout the week to ensure safe passage by riders, trail pedestrians and traveling public.
- TAKE A FRIEND SNOWMOBILING— 2nd week of February – the entire week dedicated to taking friends for a snowmobile ride that have not yet partaken in this great outdoor past-time!
SNOWMOBILE PERMIT INFORMATION
Two Permits Required:
1: Snowmobile Registration Sticker: All snowmobiles must be registered through the Michigan Secretary of State unless on private property. A three-year registration is issued for $30. The snowmobile registration number is printed on a three-year snowmobile decal and mounted as indicated on the diagram here. (If you are visiting from another state, you must have your snowmobile registered in your home state and a copy of out-of-state registration must be on you when using Michigan snowmobile trails.)
2: State of Michigan Trail Permit: Your snowmobile trail permit is valid one year which begins October 1 – September 30 the following year. State-designated trails are open December 1 – March 31 and grooming occurs when there is enough snow on the ground. Your sticker must be placed on the forward half of your snowmobile directly above or below the headlight – see diagram here for approximate location.