We’ve missed our visitors!
Recent Executive Orders – Updated September 14, 2020
WE ARE IN REGION 6 – Currently in the blue, “containing” phase.
We encourage you to contact local businesses directly to verify protocol prior to arriving. All travelers coming from current ‘hot spots’ are recommended to quarantine up to 14 days, unless you recently received a negative test.
Bars will be closed for indoor service for the entire state. Bars are defined as establishments that earn more than 70% of gross receipts from alcoholic beverage sales.
Our current state-wide orders are summarized as follows:
- All indoor public areas require* a face mask,
- all outdoor spaces where people are closer than 6’ also require a face mask,
- hotels are open (check directly with hotels for specific amenities such as pools, gyms, etc),
- restaurants are open at 50% capacity,
- campgrounds are open with multi-use area changes,
- attractions are open at varying levels – check directly with each attraction,
- all public** spaces such as parks, beaches, etc are open. Please note: some public bathrooms are not open due to restrictions, so please plan ahead.
*indicates an EO requirement that could face a $1,000 misdemeanor fine; if medically unable to comply, may be asked to provide documentation.
**”public” applies to any area outside of your private home or vehicle.
The Cadillac Area has a safety promise
to assist our area in maintaining a low impact on our residents, and to allow us to minimize risk to the traveling public.
When it comes to places to roam, we have over 1.5 million acres of National & State forest with 3 major rivers & 3 large inland lakes – all of which have spacious beaches and parks to enjoy!
Festivals & Events
We applaud the creativity and engagement many of our festival and event organizers have shown in the face of many social distancing restrictions. Please check out our events page for the changes and enjoy!
Our hotels and lodging partners have ramped up their cleaning and sanitizing processes to ensure the safety of all our guests. Many have added touch-less check-in/check-outs, sanitizing stations, and more. Please check with your hotel for specific amenities and offerings.